MOCOH GHANA – FACT FILE:
- Operating since January 2016
- Importation, distribution and re-exportation of petroleum products, primarily Gasoline, Gasoil and Aviation Fuel
- We sell to many of the country’s Bulk Distribution Companies and Oil Marketing Companies and BOST
- Excellent team of professionals working on the ground to deliver efficient logistical solutions to our clients
- In the process of obtaining an oil trading and distribution license to increase its capacity and presence in the Ghanaian market
KEY TEAM PROFILES
- Executive Director/Country Representative
- Leads Mocoh Ghana’s team in the country and responsible for partnerships and contracts in Mali, Burkina Faso and Niger
- Prior to working with Mocoh Ghana, Kwame worked in roles at Ghana’s Ministry of Energy & Petroleum, Cirrus Oil Services, Saltpond Offshore Producing Company Ltd
- BA degree Political Science & Economics from Carleton University Ottawa, Canada; LLB Law Degree from University of Aberdeen; MSc International Oil & Gas Management from Dundee University; CEPMLP
- Aspiration: To drive the business forward to achieve significant success
- Head of Finance and Administration
- Experienced accountant with over 13 years’ experience working in various finance roles
- Prior to working with Mocoh Ghana, Thomas worked at BaxterStorey UK, Cadbury Ghana and Airtel Ghana Ltd
- BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting from Oxford Brookes University; MBA Finance from Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
- Aspiration: To create a strong Mocoh brand and ensure financial growth year on year
Q&A WITH KWAME KESSIE, EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, MOCOH GHANA:
Q: What is exciting about the oil and oil product sector in Ghana right now?
A: There are a number of reasons to be excited about Ghana. First, Ghana is well known as having a stable political and economic environment. This is very important for any company looking to build long-term operations in Africa. Second, Ghana is an important gateway to landlocked countries to the north. These markets require a wide range of products, such as Gasoline and Gasoil, and Ghana is an important point on that journey. Third, and probably most exciting, the growth of the domestic oil sector. New discoveries and investment in both upstream and downstream means there are significant opportunities.
Q: Why is Mocoh Ghana the right company to do business with?
A: Mocoh, as a group, has been operating in Africa for over 20 years. We combine real knowledge and experience of working in local markets with a global reach, connecting us to markets in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Mocoh has been active in Nigeria for a long time and in early 2016 we decided, alongside our Ghanaian partners, to explore opportunities in Ghana. We have been supplying a number of Bulk Distribution Companies with a range of products, adding value at every level of the supply chain. We are also able to supply finished product into land locked West African countries, such as Burkina Faso and Mali.
Q: What is Mocoh Ghana’s vision for the future?
A: We are working towards obtaining an oil trading and distribution licence, which will allow us to increase our capacity and presence in the Ghanaian market. We are also in the early stages of conducting feasibility studies and acquiring the necessary permits to construct storage tank farms in the Tema port enclave. We believe this would enhance our activities and presence in the country, building a strong logistics base for distribution of all our petroleum products. Our investments boost the local economy, serving the local market and those of land locked countries who we currently supply. It’s an exciting time for us, and we aim to enter the retail market in the future, offering value to consumers via reliable products and services.